When I got it in the mail a couple of weeks ago, I had to keep searching for the bible as my 9 year old daughter claimed it as soon as it came out of the shipping package. Which of course it was going to be hers -after -I did my review on it. She already personalized it with her own flower bible case. The most important thing is seeing her read it or asking Mom or Dad read to her from it.
NIV Faithgirlz! Bible, Revised Edition
Faithgirlz bible is designed specifically for girls ages nine through twelve. Some of the special features include:
* Introductions to each book of the Bible
* Hundreds of highlighted verses worth memorizing
* What girls have in common with other female Bible characters
* Interesting and fun facts about Bible times and characters
* Answers to Bible questions they’ve wondered about
* Help in applying the Bible stories to everyday life
* Book introductions-Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book.
* Dream Girl-Use your imagination to put yourself in the story.
* Bring It On!-Take quizzes to really get to know yourself.
* Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?–See for yourself what you have in common.
* Words to Live By-Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing.
* What Happens Next?-Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words.
* Oh, I Get It!-Find answers to Bible questions you’ve wondered about.
* The complete NIV translation
They also have a website for this bible: http://www.faithgirlz.com/.
My thoughts on Faithgirlz bible.
I love that is is a hardback bible. The pages are colorful and the text is purple. The pages are decorated through-out with butterflies, flowers, and pretty doodling drawings. It adds a lot of character to this Bible that is perfect for this age group. The bright pink with the flowers on the cover is pretty and eye catching to tween girls (Even Mom likes the decoration though-out). The Bible is designed with their audience in mind yet, it doesn’t take away from the Word of God.
The bible is an NIV translation. Which I think is a good bible for young readers. It’s easy to understand. I’d rather see young reader reading God’s word and understanding it than struggling with a translation they don’t get. I personality prefer the KJV or the NKJV myself. For this age group I think the NIV is a very good choice.
I love that it is a full version Bible. I don’t see anything that would take away from God’s word. I think any girl would love to have this Bible and would treasure it. Any parent would love giving this to their daughter.
ReneeK is a sweet tea addicted mamma who loves to cuddle up to a good book. She blogs at Little Homeschool on the Praire and writes about family, homeschooling, having a special needs child, and about whatever else tickles her fancy.
This book was provided by the publisher as a review copy.